PMI Dallas Chapter Book Review Program
The PMI Dallas Chapter’s offers various professional development opportunities to its members, the Book Review program being one of them.
The Book Review Program was launched in 2012 with the goal to provide a new professional development opportunity for Chapter members. The program is sponsored by PM World Inc. and the PM World Journal.
The main focus of the books is the project management discipline but other related topics such as portfolio management, program management, soft skills (leadership, team building, etc.), business analysis, supply chain management, business management, etc. are also covered.
In 2013, the Chapter expanded the program by starting its first Book Club. The goal of the club is to provide a personal setting for members to network, socialize and review books.
Read more about the program offerings:
Monthly Book Reviews
The Book Review initiative is sponsored by PM World Inc. and the PM World Journal. This is how it works:
- The PM World Journal receives books from authors and publishers;
- The books are delivered to the PMI Dallas Chapter’s Book Review team;
- Books are offered to the Chapter members, in exchange for a commitment to read the book and prepare a review;
- The Reviewer must prepare a book review within 45 days; and
- Final book reviews are published online in the PM World Journal.
How does this benefit Reviewers?
- Reviewers get to add a free book to their personal library;
- They earn up to 10 PDUs, based on one PDU per hour for reading and reviewing; and
- They get visibility in PM World Journal when book review is published
Visit the Book Review table at the next Chapter dinner meeting and select a book to review. The books are available on a first come first serve basis.
For detailed program information, download the Book Review Info Sheet.