PART 1 of a Two-part Series: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification for PMI Dallas Chapter Members – Video Sessions
Get your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification at a significant discount. PMI Dallas has negotiated with a premier local Certified Scrum Trainer to offer chapter members access to the CSM course. Given the current pandemic, this course will be delivered virtually.
NOTE: This course must have at least 10 paid participants before August 6 in order to be presented and is limited to no more than 30 participants.
This course is divided into two parts – Participants MUST register and pre-pay for the course as part of Part 1 before being eligible to attend Part 2. Registration will take place as part of Part 1 Only:
- Sign up and pay $625 (early bird $595) for the course and receive access to Part 1 - a 4 hour Lecture Video Series viewed in 7-12 minute segments - that must be viewed prior to CoB Aug 6 to be eligible to attend Part 2, the weekend live sessions, to be held August 8-9, 2020. The provider’s learning platform tracks the number of videos viewed and reports to the instructor your progress. Once all videos have been viewed, you will be eligible to proceed to Part 2, the live sessions.
- If you view all videos by August 6, 2020 you will be invited to the live weekend sessions. During the live sessions, the instructor will guide you through discussions and a series of exercises that will deepen your understanding of Agile, Scrum, estimation and roles outside the Scrum framework.
- The general format for the live session:
Saturday August 8th and Sunday August 9th; start at 8:30 AM; end by 4 PM
15 minutes breaks at 10 AM and 2:30 PM
Lunch from 11:30 AM to 1 PM
You will earn 4 Technical PDUs upon completion of Part 1.
You will earn 10 Technical and 4 Leadership PDUs upon completion of Part 2.
After satisfactorily completing both parts of the course, you will receive a two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance and two free attempts to pass the CSM exam.
In order to achieve certification, you must complete the following:
- A 4 hour Lecture Video Series viewed in 7-12 minute segments (#1 above)
- Attend the entire 2 day live session (#2 above)
- Actively engaged with video and audio technology
- Pass the certification exam provided at the conclusion of the course
Once you pass the CSM exam, you will be awarded a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certification (the CSM does not have a required work experience component).
You must be listed by PMI as a PMI Dallas Chapter Member in order to register for a class offered by the PMI Dallas Chapter. NOTE: Once you have completed Part 1 you will be invited to Part 2 of the course.
Early Bird Discounts:
A on-time Prepayment for Part 1 will include payment for Part 2 and is required to receive Early Bird rates. There will be no additional registration fee required for registrants who successfully complete the Part 1 video series. Prepayment must be received via online credit card by PMI Dallas Chapter prior to the Early Bird deadline posted for each event (typically more than a week prior to the event.)
Cancellations and Refund Policy:
Full refunds will be granted if request is submitted before the defined early bird deadline identified for the event. Partial refunds of 50% of the course registration fee will be refunded if the cancellation request is received after the early bird deadline but prior to the day of delivery for the event. Please refer to the Refund and Cancellation Policy for additional information.
In consideration of the acceptance of this registration, I, the undersigned, specifically release the PMI Dallas Chapter and its representatives from any claims or liabilities arising from or related to my participation in this activity.
I understand the PMI Dallas Chapter or its representatives may take photographs of attendees at the above identified event. I agree that the PMI Dallas Chapter may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. (Note: "If I do not wish to be photographed, I understand it is my responsibility to notify the photographer on site at the event.")
$625.00 PMI Dallas Chapter Member
$595.00 Earlybird rate before July 31
September 25, 2020 Virtual Lunch and Learn on Zoom
11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
2020 October PMI Meetup
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
October 2020 Dinner Meeting: Leadership That Gets Sh*t Done with J. Scott from 120VC
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
PMI Dallas Virtual Meeting
October 2020 Virtual Career Workshop
11:00 AM to 4:15 PM
November 2020 Breakfast Meeting - Disciplined Agile (DA)
9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Marriott Courtyard Plano at Legacy Park
6840 North Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024